Joe's Imperial Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Septhi Royal Exploration Corps SREC

2 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Septhi Royal Exploration Corps   SREC - Page 6 Empty Re: Septhi Royal Exploration Corps SREC

Post by Mthis Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:54 am

"That is a very broad question Rahomd. The Resources of my sector is adequate as we explore and find more to contiue its development, we are still largely reliant on colonial subsidies from the Throne-Worlds until we have found enough to be self-sufficient in all fields. Technolegy is far too broad a thing i can just talk about, you already know of our warp-drives. But youd have to go into specifics."

Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Septhi Royal Exploration Corps   SREC - Page 6 Empty Re: Septhi Royal Exploration Corps SREC

Post by Caspoi Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:57 am

"I would like to know any noteworthy discoveries for the last three centuries so as to compare them to those of my people, this is still rather broad but I am curius. as for resources I wondered what drives your economy, shortages and plenty and how wealthy your people generally are."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:05 am

"The most recent discovery of note that isnt you, would be the invention of the Soul-Charged Shield. About 40 years ago, with the guidance of Priests, scientists figured out how to equiptment a small device capable of tapping into someones Spiritual Essence to form a shield for physical protection. It is still not widely used. But Battle-Priests have it provided for testing and experimentation as they can gain alot more out of it than others. And economy? It is a very free economy with Goverment surveilance and subsidies, allowing growth of small companies and industries, while larger industries have to pay a higher tax to sustain the system, every citizen is provided for. If a citizen is unable to support themselves the goverment will step in to ensure they get back on their feet and get to a position they can earn a living. Most people are content and happy with this system. Supply shortages are not an issue as long as the Dynastical trade flows, most planets have enough luxuries and raw goods they require. Wealth would depend on ones job id say, but most thanks to our govermental system allows everone to have a moderate standard of living where they dont have to fear for a collapse."

Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:08 am

"That sounds very nice but I was thinking more along the lines of what resources you have much or little of, do you have a lot of iron but little copper among you for instance? And those Soul-Charged Shields fascinate me very much. What do you mean when you say Spiritual Essence?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:11 am

"This world has copper, but not much Iron. So we are importing most from the Throne-Worlds which are full of the mining stations we need for all our minerals. And my spiritual Essence, i mean the Soul. Everyones soul projects energy, which can be tapped into and used without hurting the individual or lowering in power. But the instant the individual dies, their essence dissapears. As the soul moves away from our mortal realm"

Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:24 am

"I see, the Khendros have some great production in iron, when this treaty is done we may see if some kind of exportation arrangement could be made, in exchange you could give us other things, like parts to our growing factories. Regarding that how does your industry look like? To what extent are you producing products in factories?"

The concept of static energy inside a living person's body also fascinated him. If accessed it could become an immense source of renewable energy for the Khendros society. He made a note that if he managed to get one of those energy shields that he talked about (an odd concept in and of itself) he would try to get it home to be reverse engineered to see what secrets lie inside of it.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:03 pm

"Elaborate on industry, our factories work at a fast pace once they have been developed, with the assemly lines and automations makking it a swift production line for most goods. Alot of it are dedicated to the private sector. Thus allowing a civilian economy to prosper."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:09 pm

"How great is your mass/hand produced ratio? How many people work in your industries? How many of the buiuldings on the planet are factories?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:12 pm

"On this world, we have proximately 12.000 large automation plants held by private firms and some by the goverment for essential production, but theres propaly a ton of private workships makking hand-crafted goods to the consumer market"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:20 pm

"I see, you seem to be a very rich people Governor and for that I congratualate you. I wonder, as it is unlikely that your queen comes within the time required to do so may we visit some of these factories so that I can see all of the marvels that they are building. It would be such an honour."

The amount of factories seemed quite staggering to him, despite the fact that he knew that this was to be expected on such a densely populated planet controlled by a people who have long had the technology to build them. He was interested to see them for himself so that he could take note of any special improvements that they may have over the Khendros ones.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:54 am

"Of course, i'll arrange our departure to one of the industrial facilities of this city" With that he reached under his rope to bring out a small data-pad to click on its screen a few times, then proceed to talk as he does this.

"How about the industrial capabilities of your own people? Not that we can have an example of it here to see up close"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:10 am

"We have only really had our industries for little less than a century of our own years [which are slightly longer than Earth's] so they are not as well entrenched as yours I am afraid. We have long had the problem of lacking the ability to give food to a lot of people in the same place (our home planet is a harsh and desolate place, not like this one at all) but greater automisation and greater food production means that currently the only limit we have on the factories we build is how quickly we can produce the parts for them. If we have only had a third of the industries that you currently possess on our home planet I expect that within a five years we will probably have the same amount." He worried that he might have revealed too much but as the Septhi did not seem overly agressive and none of the information he gave out seemed like it could harm the Khendros it was probably fine.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:50 am

"Well it would be a good thing for you to have access to more industrial capabilities then, and potentially rise in your own prosperity with it, like we have. I have arranged for us to visit the local manufactorer for Civilian Transportation on the Planetary capital. One of the first private facilities constructed after the initial colonisation phase" He gestures for Rahomd to follow as he walks towards one of the ramps on the outside of the Governor Palace, where a landing pad is located, a smaller one than the one the Exploration Vessel docked at. A few Septhi are present there, by a terminal guiding a smaller vessel towards the landing pad.
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:00 am

As Rahomd follow he asks "to how large an extent do you use flying vehicles on the planet, I presume that we are to use one of them now."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:03 am

"That we are, mostly govermential officials use flying vehicles, while the general public uses ground-transportation." The Vehicle lands on the pad, with a security officer who motions the Governor and you to come onboard.

"It allows us to travel around fast, The Policing force and Anti-Disaster Departments use them as well"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:10 am

"I can see how that would give the police an advantage over any crimanls that they wish to catch." He sit down on the seat in a rather uncomfortable position as the tail is in the way.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:12 am

The Septhi themselves sit down, they move their long furry tail aside, suppose Mammalian tails, or Septhi tails like those are easy to move around "We apologise for the inconvenience with the seats, your tails are..Not as flexible as ours i take it?"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:16 am

"No, they are fairly stiff and meant to provide a counterweight to balance our upper body as we run. Seats like these are uncommon on Khemenos (that is our homeworld) and we usually stand on all fours if we wish to rest our hind legs."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:05 pm

"I see, we apologise again for the seats then in your case. We are truly very biologically different." After everyone is inside the small vessel, it takes off rather smoothly before flying over the city sorrounding the Governor Palace, its a fairly large city with mostly metallic and stone structures, the stone structures are made in a Spiritual architecture simular to that of the Palace, showing off religious markings very often.

The Vessel lands near a large mettalic structure, at a landing pat at the top of it. Opening to let the passengers out, the sound of factory workings is loud and very clear in this area. "We are on top of the Civilian vehicle production center now. We will enter it through the top floor to see all the workings from above to get a better view of it."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:23 pm

"Lead on then. Did you say that civilian transports were produced here? Of what kind?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:37 pm

The Governor guides Rahomd inside the top of the facility where theres several observation desks with computer screens with workers, dragging their fingers across them to control mechanics of the facility below, it all appears to be controlled from these sort of decks, only maintenaince people downstairs to ensure all the machines are running "Ground vehicles, generally for goods transportation and for individual use if one can afford it. All for the Civilian market, none of those designs down there are property of the Goverment. Everything is controlled from these 'control-hubs' for a large scale factory like this."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:43 pm

"If the government does not controll it then who does?" He watches the movement of the machines, observing how they work and what they produce.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:39 pm

"It would be one of the private companies that stand for Civilian growth and vehicle, the Usabek corporation who deals in alot of the civilian vehicle in this part of our space." The Machines are mass-producing simple vehicles for civilian transport, mostly large ground-freighters too and some smaller luxury vehicles.
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:43 pm

"Fascinating, could you fill me in on the concept of companies and while we are at it may get closer so that we get a good clos picture of the workings of the machinery."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:12 pm

"Well the Companies are private owned groups of people who use their wealth to create goods for the consumer market, to in turn earn more wealth from the consumers buying their goods, they are allowed to produce practicly everything the government sees as legal for the civilian market to buy at their own leasure. And i dont think we are allowed to get closer to the machinery only maintenance crews are allowed down by the assembly rooms."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:57 pm

"A pity. If these companies own large amounts of production wouldn't they be very powerful and with that power be able to undermine the state itself?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:07 pm

"Potentially. But it has never been an issue, the Companies have so far always been loyal to the State and the Queen, infact the State promotes competition between larger companies to increase innovation between them."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:11 pm

"A risky form of automony but one which your state seems to apply in many areas. What resources are traded for the vehicles?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:40 am

"The Civilians pay for the vehicles in Money, Dynastical-Credits. A Digital currency which allows everyone to have access to commodities they wish to aquire on their own behalf, generally luxury goods like a vehicle or some other things many of the other companies can provide to their lives."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:27 am

"I think that I have seen enough for now. Are these Dynastical-Credits a universal currency and one which can be traded for practically everything?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next