Joe's Imperial Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Septhi Royal Exploration Corps SREC

2 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Septhi Royal Exploration Corps   SREC - Page 5 Empty Re: Septhi Royal Exploration Corps SREC

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:33 am

A first step at least, he thought.

"Then I see no reason not to allow an agreement of non-agression as well, perhaps also a promise of protection in case one of us is attacked by an outside force."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Septhi Royal Exploration Corps   SREC - Page 5 Empty Re: Septhi Royal Exploration Corps SREC

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:45 am

"The Queen would have to agree to such a treaty of mutual protection, whenever she feels it ready. She most likely dosnt want to rush things."

A Septhi female in fine robes approaches, with the Mark of the Sun on her forehead, the governor bows deeply "Priestess...You honor me deeply with your presence, why have you come so suddenly?"

The female looks at the Governor then Rahomd "I wished to see the creature from beyond myself. To see the silks of creations spun in ages past at the birth of the cosmos that would become this being..."

Systems and scanners would be going off the charts at the presence of this...Priestess?..

Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:16 am

If Rahomd showed any alarm at the newcomer he did not show it "I am honoured to be an object of your curiosity," he answered dryly, "If you may sate mine I wish to ask who you are and what your position as priestess entails". While he asked that he sent the information about the peculiar registration that the priestess showed to the Computer to be analyzed while he himself tried to make sense of it.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:29 am

The Priestess looks at at Rahomd before talking "I provide spiritual guidance and advice to the Governor and his planetary government, and i decipher the threads the Gods made when the Universe was created. A task provided to me before my conception by the gods, a task im destined to do for the greater good of us all"

Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:37 am

"Certainly, but I wonder, how has your work at 'deciphering the threads' gone so far? In your work you must have made some progress so what wisdom have you gained from these dead gods of yours?" He did not loose, his dry tone, which was apparant even through the translation.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:48 am

She grunts at the mention of 'dead gods'. Her eyes start..to glow?...But the Governor interrupts "Priestess, he is our guest, forgive him not understand the Gods work in all of us" She nods slowly as her eyes stop glowing. "Very well governor. I will be in the Shrine...Make him learn him manners, he shouldnt offen the Gods when amongst us"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:01 am

"I may have been missinformed but didn't these gods die after they created the universe?" He did not comment on the glowing eyes but it did make him curius. He had started to suspect that it was linked to why the readings of her were all wrong. The Computer's analysis had not shown any technology in the robes to warrant this and unless she had given herself cybernetics in the eyes (a not completely far-fetched theory as it would probably increase her authority as well as sight) the technology was inside her body, which did not seem particularly cybernetic either so it might be organic technology. He mused a bit over this and thought that as the priestess was the only one to have had access to this technology whatever it's function might be it might be linked to the... worship... of these gods of theirs, which in turn might explain why these people followed them despite them not existing and being hard to prove having ever existed.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:38 pm

The Priestess looks at him before talking "The Gods did not die, they are just beyond our mortal bounds to understand, but they interact with our plane in mysterious ways, and provide us with blessings and sometimes guidance. Some are chosen for greater things by them long in advance, in ways we cannot comprehend."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:43 pm

"Of course, I appologise for having insulted you with my ignorance," he said smoothly "But this brings me back to my original question, what guidance do these gods give you?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:50 pm

"It varies greatly on circumstance and how you worship them, which god you call to for guidance. Some Gods demand other ways of worship than others. Most of our methods come from the Ancient Texts and from our history, dating as far back as the time of Shamans. When our civilization still used simple Iron tools. Theres stories of blessed Shamans performing powerful blessings from the Gods."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:57 pm

"Yes but what guidance do these gods give you, as in the priestess in front of me? You said that it was your task and your preordained fate to interprit the messages your gods give to you but how do you do that, how do the gods give you messages and what do they say?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:50 pm

"I pray to them and provide them in the ways of worship as written in the ancient texts, for now they have given me the advice on where our resources are most needed in the sector, allowing us to find the minerals necesary to improve the planetary economy, so far the visions have been correct. Most are very vague"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:55 pm

"I see, thank you for sating my curiosity. Now that this is out of the way was there something else that you wanted? Otherwise I think that it best if we return to hashing out the details of the treaty between our peoples." He was privately rather skeptical to the concept of these beings which do not exist within their universe giving out advice to her but she seemed rather testy on the subject so he thought it best not to press the issue further.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:42 pm

The Priestess nods and bows her head to the Governor who bows back "I shall be at the Shrine then to pray, Governor" The Governor nods "Ofcourse honourable priestess, blessings to you" He looks at her walking away lightly before looking back to Rahomd

"The Treaty will be important, and im sure the Queen will be delighted to talk to your kind. Get to know them in person to form a true view on your kin"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:34 pm

"Do you mean that the queen is to come back to my home or that I am to meet her?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:49 pm

"I expect she would rather meet with you in our own space first until a treaty is signed. It would seem the most logical"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:52 pm

"I agree, at what time and place is this meeting to occur?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:46 am

"Whenever the Queen desires, it would also depend on if she wishes to come here, or she requests you at the Capital World, her Seat of power."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:36 am

"Well I hope that she decides soon as it seems better to get such a treaty done with as soon as possible. It would be the best way for both of us to aknowledge the other's existance as a state and reap all potential benefits from such a treaty."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:26 am

"It depends on whenever she wishes she might get word from her later today if she has decided. On it, for all we know she could most likely be on her way already"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:47 am

"I see, let us hope that she is. In the meantime I am interested in learning more about the customs of your people as I am expected to stay here for a while. Can you tell me more about the duties of the priesthood for instance?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:23 am

"The Priesthood performs a variety of duties, including Spiritual guidance, charity, advisory positions, and even a wing to support the Royal Army on the ground, mainly by the priests dedicated to the God who also cast conflict into our universe at its birth. It primarly depends on which god the priest is dedicated to. And the Pantheon is large, we only know of the Pantheon from all the Ancien rites and texts from the dawn of our Shamanistic ancestry when we were still primitives."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:31 am

"So these gods had personalities and these personalities varied wildly? What god was the priestess who we met dedicated to?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:16 am

"She is dedicated to the God of Earth, security, and purity. The God has many names by the ancient texts but is most commonly refered to as "Pashekht" a god closely tied to the Minerals of Planets we have found, and one which praises the safety and security of the individual and the purity of their Genes"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:31 am

"And what resouces and technology do you posses?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:54 am

"That is a very broad question Rahomd. The Resources of my sector is adequate as we explore and find more to contiue its development, we are still largely reliant on colonial subsidies from the Throne-Worlds until we have found enough to be self-sufficient in all fields. Technolegy is far too broad a thing i can just talk about, you already know of our warp-drives. But youd have to go into specifics."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:57 am

"I would like to know any noteworthy discoveries for the last three centuries so as to compare them to those of my people, this is still rather broad but I am curius. as for resources I wondered what drives your economy, shortages and plenty and how wealthy your people generally are."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:05 am

"The most recent discovery of note that isnt you, would be the invention of the Soul-Charged Shield. About 40 years ago, with the guidance of Priests, scientists figured out how to equiptment a small device capable of tapping into someones Spiritual Essence to form a shield for physical protection. It is still not widely used. But Battle-Priests have it provided for testing and experimentation as they can gain alot more out of it than others. And economy? It is a very free economy with Goverment surveilance and subsidies, allowing growth of small companies and industries, while larger industries have to pay a higher tax to sustain the system, every citizen is provided for. If a citizen is unable to support themselves the goverment will step in to ensure they get back on their feet and get to a position they can earn a living. Most people are content and happy with this system. Supply shortages are not an issue as long as the Dynastical trade flows, most planets have enough luxuries and raw goods they require. Wealth would depend on ones job id say, but most thanks to our govermental system allows everone to have a moderate standard of living where they dont have to fear for a collapse."
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:08 am

"That sounds very nice but I was thinking more along the lines of what resources you have much or little of, do you have a lot of iron but little copper among you for instance? And those Soul-Charged Shields fascinate me very much. What do you mean when you say Spiritual Essence?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:11 am

"This world has copper, but not much Iron. So we are importing most from the Throne-Worlds which are full of the mining stations we need for all our minerals. And my spiritual Essence, i mean the Soul. Everyones soul projects energy, which can be tapped into and used without hurting the individual or lowering in power. But the instant the individual dies, their essence dissapears. As the soul moves away from our mortal realm"
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next