Joe's Imperial Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion

+4
Vagrant Hero
Zuko Darkborn
The Clans
Offizier Necro
8 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Discussion

Post by Vagrant Hero Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:21 pm

Ah, that seems legitimately more reasonable then. Could you just PM people with pictures of WWI propaganda snuggly, perfectly legal cat photos and be okay with the forum rules?

Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:32 pm

Vagrant Hero wrote:Ah, that seems legitimately more reasonable then. Could you just PM people with pictures of WWI propaganda snuggly, perfectly legal cat photos and be okay with the forum rules?

Yes.

The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:37 pm

The Clans wrote:
Vagrant Hero wrote:Ah, that seems legitimately more reasonable then. Could you just PM people with pictures of WWI propaganda snuggly, perfectly legal cat photos and be okay with the forum rules?

Yes.

In that case, please, do send me these cat pictures you talked about. I'd love to see them.

Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Vagrant Hero wrote:
The Clans wrote:

Yes.

In that case, please, do send me these cat pictures you talked about. I'd love to see them.
I meant yes in an ambiguous way of saying "Send them to me too"

The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:31 pm

I think my stash of WW1 propaganda has been blown out of proportion. I really don't have anything all that you could not find elsewhere...

...In any case its gonna be fun to speak to aliens who are speaking to other humans and all the confusion that will bring.

Joe Joerson
Admin

https://stellarisroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:I think my stash of WW1 propaganda has been blown out of proportion. I really don't have anything all that you could not find elsewhere...

...In any case its gonna be fun to speak to aliens who are speaking to other humans and all the confusion that will bring.

Well, it would be, if it wasn't for the information blackout. We'll see how long it takes for Command to collectively shit the bed when they realize the Crucible and Khaganate humans look kinda the same.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:44 pm

The Clans wrote:Well, it would be, if it wasn't for the information blackout. We'll see how long it takes for Command to collectively shit the bed when they realize the Crucible and Khaganate humans look kinda the same.

In a species comparison they look almost exactly the same, I wouldn't be surprised if one first seeing them they might not actually find discerning differences besides height and technologically. Of course any one who studies the case besides superficial will find differing facial and body structures however not really enough to separate them species wise, the biggest differences are in the supreme uniformity of the Havenites and some psychological differences in the brain which will be particularly harder for aliens to find unless with determined scrutiny.

It also might help them on the road to shitting the bed when the Dotodyne ask if they know of any other humans. Or perhaps just confusion. It will have to be seen how well that goes.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:50 am

It is done. I decided yeasterday that if we are to assume that the Khendros and the Nakturans live on different sides of the galactic spectrum then it is not at all awkward that they do not interact much with one another (and the Swarm does not interact much with anyone). This was after all the greatest problem that I had with the Khendros.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:01 pm

How are the various empires doing? I imagine successful discovery of aliens will be having serious ramifications for them.
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:04 pm

The Nakturans are mostly happy if a bit anxious, the Swarm has not yet realised that what it truly means and the few Khendros to have yet done so are fairly eager to expand their ideology.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:06 pm

Ah yes, ideologues. Truly the most dangerous foe we face in modern society. Can't reason with them at all. Smile
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:14 pm

I'm gearing up to resume writing again once I finish a character sheet for a game this weekend. Takes me forever to work on the things, so sorry about the wait everybody.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:18 pm

What game is it for?
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:48 pm

Vagrant Hero wrote:What game is it for?
The DC spinoff of Mutants and Masterminds.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Offizier Necro Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:07 pm

Vagrant Hero wrote:How are the various empires doing? I imagine successful discovery of aliens will be having serious ramifications for them.
"One day we're alone in the universe and the next we're fighting space bugs with rowdy lizardpeople! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!" -Local Freeman
Offizier Necro
Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:09 pm

Offizier Necro wrote:
Vagrant Hero wrote:How are the various empires doing? I imagine successful discovery of aliens will be having serious ramifications for them.
"One day we're alone in the universe and the next we're fighting space bugs with rowdy lizardpeople! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!" -Local Freeman
Local Morgan Freeman
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Offizier Necro Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:12 pm

The Clans wrote:
Offizier Necro wrote:
Local Morgan Freeman
"Let there be light" -Local Morgan Freeman
Offizier Necro
Offizier Necro
Hyper Member
Hyper Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:15 pm

I think Morgan Freeman would make a good superhero. Give him manipulation as a super power.
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Apparently I missed all of this so I am just gonna move the conversation onto the Khendros and Cirnii contact.

Any bets on how long it takes for them to try to kill each other? Or at least part ways as they both seem to be heading straight to the not answering each others questions and just asking your own. Though the Cirnii seem to be already there to some extent. Though thinking about this I don't know what we could actually bet since I don't have any currency for this site...
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:54 pm

The Cirn got very shaken up over the whole Xengari thing. The people who would be regarded as Xenophobes got a lot of recognition over being right about the true nature of the universe, and how alien governments are just like Cirnii governments. Untrustworthy. They aren't really Xenophobes in the way Stellaris describes them, but suffice it to say, they are much, much more wary than before. The Cirn learned the hard way that not giving information freely applies to aliens just as much as to other Folc.
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:59 pm

I wonder if the Cirnii are gonna learn that not trusting aliens at all because they are untrustworthy, is a kind of self fulfilling prophecy. I can see the Xengari definitely learning that lesson. One day. Maybe. Depending on how this goes. I'll just stop adding qualifying statements now.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:03 pm

As the Akreonic Worlds burn one by one, perhaps a few, in their darkest, innermost thoughts, will remember why this all happened. And in that moment, they will know true despair, realizing that they caused their own destruction. Poetic justice at its finest...

Or they'll just win the war and be fine, lol.
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:05 pm

It's only a matter of time before the church and royal families of the Cirnii are going to both have Chakos stock brokers on call.

Also, I think that it's important for everyone to know that
these are what Yuxu children play with. Phone won't let me make a snazzy link and I've forgotten the code, so sue me.

http://www.awesomeinventions.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/What-My-Little-Pony-Dolls-Would-Look-Like-In-Mad-Max.jpg
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Vagrant Hero wrote:As the Akreonic Worlds burn one by one, perhaps a few, in their darkest, innermost thoughts, will remember why this all happened. And in that moment, they will know true despair, realizing that they caused their own destruction. Poetic justice at its finest...

Or they'll just win the war and be fine, lol.

Or maybe they'll win their wars and only as the revolts for the next million years start to set in will they realize that maybe they made a mistake somewhere...

...Did they leave the space oven on?

The Clans wrote:It's only a matter of time before the church and royal families of the Cirnii are going to both have Chakos stock brokers on call.

Then again maybe those Chakos stoke brokers might realize that they are in a pretty much unassailable position and thus can freely trade with both sides.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:22 pm

The Chakos will have to make a decision about who they want to support more, then, because the Cirnii do not believe in allowing others to provide support to a nation you are at war with, especially arms and finances. However, medical aid is an exception to this.

Also, those are honestly pretty badass toys. 20% cooler than unarmored equestrians, I'd say.

But yes, the Imperium has no real quarrel with the Chakos, and if they asked, would probably be granted access to Carrak. What they do with those privileges is up to them.
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:28 pm

In the end it's going to come down to what Far Star, and their personnel, value more.

The Xengari would likely not like the Chakos trading with enemies very much at all but they also will likely just buy more stuff to try to win rather than actually stopping trade.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Clans Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:41 pm

This is going to be interesting then since Far Star sets up franchises that are mostly independent.
The Clans
The Clans
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Fun times all around. At least until someone gets technology similar to Far Star's then there might be some problems...
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:55 pm

I'm just amused by the irony of the materialist empire preaching enlightenment to the spiritualists. Its glorious.
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:58 pm

Well their ideology is basically their religon, that is how seriously they take it.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next