Joe's Imperial Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khendros interaction with the Cirnii

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Khendros interaction with the Cirnii - Page 3 Empty Re: Khendros interaction with the Cirnii

Post by Vagrant Hero Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:13 pm

"A noble goal, Commander Junomd." He settles back into his previous position, subtly distancing himself from the Khendros as he does so. "And I have no doubt that should my people decide that your Enlightenment is unnecessary, you would do your best to persuade us, would you not?" If the soundboard could register sarcasm, it would be reaching critical mass right about now. As is, it comes across as no different from what Adelmar has previously said.

Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Khendros interaction with the Cirnii - Page 3 Empty Re: Khendros interaction with the Cirnii

Post by Caspoi Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:22 pm

Wary of any traps he tried to be as careful with his words as possible.

"Why if you do not wish to accept Enlightment (although, why would you not?) we would of course be very sorry and would of course want you to change your minds, nevertheless it is your decision to take."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:41 pm

Junomd sees almost immediately that this was one of the better responses he could have made, as even through the differences in physiology, Adelmar seems to relax a bit. "I am relieved to hear this, friend Junomd. I do not speak for for the Emperor, but although such an offer is unlikely to be accepted, friendship between our peoples would still be appreciated. Peace is all we desire."

Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:44 pm

Glad that he had not made a political blunder he answered:

"Yes, Peace and friendship is good and in time you may realise the benefits of enlightment. The offer is open."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:37 pm

"Can you tell us more about your scripture and doctrine? I would know more about this Enlightenment you speak of." Adelmar doesn't really care personally, but the information will be useful.

Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:43 pm

"Oh it is quite simple. The society is the key, each individual is to serve the society to the best of their capabilities and in return the society will care for them. Constant improvement on society will make it evolve to be constantly better. An individual is not to go against the society as then all will be at a disadvantage. New technologies and increased prduction are two end goals so as to make society as a whole better and more efficient. And you, how is your society moddeled?"

He did not truly expect an answer from the suspicious aliens but it was Worth an attempt.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:11 pm

"Our Imperium abides by divine law. In essence, the Emperor is the keeper of the people. A benevolent guide in the night, but not an autocrat. A Conclave provides wise council, and the numerous vassals of the Imperium do their best to provide not only for the Imperium as a whole, but for the individual who keeps the system running. A different approach, perhaps, but our goals are similar." Internally, Adelmar can immediately see the conflict that would arise with closer relations between the Khendros and the Cirn. Friendly enough on a surface level, but deeply incompatible in the fabric of their being.
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:24 pm

"Yes, I would say so. In the end we both want the people to benefit." Junomd tried to keep up a pleasant tone, although he doubted that the machine would register it anyway. Internally he longed to tell his superiors about these aliens although Before he left he still hoped to be able to expand the Ideology.

"How do you aquire your emperor?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:02 am

"We have an established electorate. Any member of the Imperial Dynasty is a viable candidate. This was an institution developed to prevent poor candidates from becoming Emperor, and has served well to the modern day. Who rules the Khendros?"
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:04 am

"High Administrator Venromd. We have a heavy beurocracy to determine who is best suited to be the next leader."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:19 am

"Most wise, but how is a it determined who the best leader is?"
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:22 am

"his administrative skills, his ability make new laws and improve the old ones. This is evaluated depending on how well they have performed in tasks related to such a job."

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:26 am

"I see. What do you intend on doing, now that you've found us? If there is not going to be a fight, we should continue this conversation at the station."
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:51 am

Initially Junomd thought that this was a trick to get him and his followers off-guard but he decided that the request might be more innocent, neverheless he would not lower his guard until they were outside the system.

"That seems good. Even if you do not wish for enlightment yet we could at least form a treatment of friendship between our peoples."

He looked closely on Adelmar to see his reaction to the suggestion.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:22 pm

Adelmar sways forward a bit in agreement. "The Archpriest aboard the station is in a better position to talk and negotiate with you, more so than a lowly sergeant like myself. Just follow our ship into the station's hangar. We'll show you the way."

He turns to board his own ship after saying this. The rest of the soldiers follow him out.
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:45 pm

As the doors close behind them Junomd returns to the control room.

"Computer, open up a wormhole large enough to relay all the information that we have aquired about these aliens as well as our intent to follow them to their space station. Also, give out orders for the EUID ships to make ready to enter the system in case of an emergency or if we do not return."
"Very well then, commander. You will be given four hours to conclude your business."

For all of their talk about friendship they did not yet trust these aliens and it would be best to stay on the safe side. They restarted to ship's Engines aand began moving.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:00 pm

A section of the station lights up, showing where to dock. After the vessels successfully, dock, the Khendros are led down several hallways and elevators, deep into the station. The halls are adorned with various pieces of art, depicting holy figures, events, even a few family trees and paintings of famous previous Emperors. The corridors themselves are mostly a stylized black with various adornments. A cultured place, meant to make those who wander these halls feel at home and embraced by the Father even in the depths of the void.

From distant halls, chanting can be heard. If questioned, Adelmar will tell you that it is simply Cirnii praying to saints of the Imperium.
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:43 am

As they followed their hosts the Axtromd made sure to try and memorize the people they saw on the pictures. They were not aware that most of the depicted were long since dead and thought that the information would be useful in the future, such as if they were ever to meet the depicted.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:17 pm

As they walk along, Adelmar asks Junomd about the culture of the Khendros. "What are your people like, my friend? There's been much discussion on government, but what of the people?" This is an attempt to take the conversation away from topics that are perceived as dangerous, but also to get some potentially useful information.
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:43 pm

Junomd reflected on the potential angle and made note that he must not reveal any compromising information.

"We originate from the planet Khemenos. It is a harsh life on a cold and unforgiving planet but we manage. Our society is based around our nomadic Clans (to which I belong) as well as the more settled trade outposts where people come and meet and craftmanship is plied. And you, friend Adelmar, how do your people live your lives?"

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:26 pm

"Carrak is also a cold world, but bountiful nevertheless. Our people live comfortable lives compared to what they once were ages ago. Society is oriented around vast urban centers, though the majority still live rural and suburban lives with the exception of some hardy Folc who live in the mountains. Quite marvelous, the structures they have made in the stone. But generally speaking, we keep to ourselves. Stability is the most important thing to most, though there are a few adventure seekers about. Quite a few find their ways into the Space Program, such as myself." At this, he bobs his head a bit, mood genuinely improving at the opportunity to talk about something close to heart.

"The other most important thing is the Emperor, who protects and guides us in his wisdom, and the Faith who keeps our hearts and gives us unity in purpose in the face of the storm of time. I understand your High Administrator fulfils a similar role, and there is some beauty in efficiency as well. The satisfaction of a well maintained machine, doing exactly as you wish it to, is a pleasure unknown to many." Again, completely genuine. Adelmar has almost forgotten that he's supposed to be learning about the Khendros, but he's justifying it as improving relations or something.

Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:34 pm

Yes, it is quite satisfying indeed. However there is one thing which confuses me. You mention "Faith" but what is it? Is it the ideology to which you adhere to?" He was genuinly confused as the concept of faith had never been introduced on Khemenos.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:43 pm

"Right, my apologies. I get ahead of myself. The Faith is more of an organization than any set ideology, though it occupies a similar niche in that regard. This station actually belongs to the Faith, and it is to the Faith that I pledge my allegiance and give my oath of servitude. In its most basic sense, the Faith is responsible for safeguarding the spiritual being of the Cirnii, whether it be through charity to aid the poor, or through military service to confront other material dangers, to simple counsel when those who have troubled hearts need advice on how to best forge ahead in life. The primary tenets of the Faith revolve around resolving conflict in its various forms, so that as a people we can remain united in purpose. There is a lot of complexity that I will not go into at this time, but hopefully this answers your question, friend Jumond."
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 pm

Junomd had a rather thoughtful look as he answered: "So you are saying that the Faith is an organization within your empire which has a private army and is responsible for teaching the Cirnnii about having the right mind, is that correct? Also this station is rather large and I only have a few hours before I have to report back, are we there yet."

He thought it best not to mention exactly why he had to report back soon.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:06 pm

"Indeed, you are exactly correct. I am not allowed to share too much information, but suffice it to say, the Faith is not an anomaly in the Imperium. A very decentralized realm, we are. For as the Messiah said, 'to each his own and his own due.'"

"As for almost being 'there,' we are just headed to one of the offices here. Should be a few more minutes. Whenever you feel it is prudent to leave, I can take you all back to the vessels."

As promised, a few minutes later, the procession arrives at a large room, even more ornamented and decorated than any of the previous rooms. Adelmar informs Jumond that he'll be waiting outside, and that the Khendros will be talking to the Archpriest of the station.
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:15 pm

As Junomd moves inside he orders his followers to stay outside and guard for the potential of a threat, as well as keep up with the ship's computer for any outside development (as well as delaying an attack if necessary). He also reflected on the title "Archpriest" and thought that it must be a high administrative position within this "Faith" organisation.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3