Joe's Imperial Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Khaganate of Dotodyn

3 posters

Go down

The Great Khaganate of Dotodyn Empty The Great Khaganate of Dotodyn

Post by Joe Joerson Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:25 am

Species Name: Humanity
Species Plural: Humans
Species Adjective: Human
Empire Name: (The) Great Khaganate of Dotodyn
Empire Adjective: Dotodyne
Phenotype: Mammalian
Traits: Nomadic; Quick Learners; Resilient; Slow Breeders
Ethos: Xenophile, Spiritualist, Militarist
Government: Despotic Empire
Homeworld: Dotodyn
Planet Type: Continental
Empire Type: Fledgling Empire
Ruler Name: Naranbaatar
Ruler Title: Khagan or Khatun

Short Description of Empire and History: A human penal colony that slowly built it's technology and civilization after the jailers disappeared. The nature and terrain of the planet in question however has caused some development to be different than most other civilizations. Their government seems to defy easy explanation as it is a resulting mix of authoritarianism, pastoralism and individual freedoms. Recently upon discovery of the warp drive, they prepare to go out far among the stars and search not only for alien life, but those other Humans elsewhere in the galaxy.

Long Description of Empire:

Recent History:

Description of Species:

Military: 3
Naval: 3
Ground: 3

A History of almost constant warfare has brought down a long history of tactics, strategy and operational warfare to the modern Dotodyne people. Being only recently united under the Khaganate has led to it's efficient military organizational systems being adapted across the surface of Dotodyn. The ground forces being primarily levy based while the navy being more of official enterprise has lead to some interesting politics, and control throughout the history of the Khaganate.

Economy: 3
Industry: 4  
Tertiary Goods: 2  

The Economy of the Khaganate is strongly based around state owned and control industries that are then sold to shops and stores and other Khans and Clans. Though many citizens own various goods there is a slight trend away from owning material goods as one of the core proponents of the Dominant faith revolves around letting go of material matters. In addition to this there is pressure to keep producing weapons and other logistical goods as small scale fighting between Clans and the occasional Khan are still prevalent across Dotodyn.

Technology: 2  
Researched: 3
Scavenged: 3

The Dotodyne while not prioritizing technology by a large portion still develop and find new things to discover. They will attempt to develop technology as they see the need for it, taking it from scraps or finding it on their own they do not care nor having any stigma attached to taking or stealing a technology from a friend or foe, all is fair game when it comes to ideas. However while they value technology they do not have strong institutions and foundations for extended strong research or reverse engineering, making them less focused on such.

Diplomacy: 3  
Understanding: 3
Espionage: 3

The Dotodyne culture that has become dominant on Dotodyn strongly valued ambassadors and envoys believing in necessity of communication even with enemies and foes. This has led to the strong value of understanding the opposing position but they also know very well the value of taking the information that you need from beyond their desire to give it. Spies and sabotage are not looked down upon, they are heroes just as much as diplomats. Just as the ambassador that brokers the saving trade negotiation is a hero so is the spy that allowed the invasion to be swift and easy.

Culture: 4  
Internal Stability: 2  
Marketability: 4  

The Dotodyne cultural identity is strong, though it is not one strong cultural identity but many. Differences between City born and Clan born, between the different clans and their traditions or the differences between the settled city people and their traditions and beliefs. All are now united under the Khaganate, not seeking to impose but to unify culture on Dotodyn. Because of this acceptance and free propagation of cultures across Dotodyn, and the mixing and creation of arts and media that truly represents all Dotodyne, the media and cultural presence of the Khaganate may be impressive to those without such a strong system.

Quirk: Semi-Nomadic: The Dotodyne are an advanced semi-nomadic culture, with large populations and specializations in the cities and strong and rugged clan warriors among the steppes. Any interactions with this culture may become unsettling for individuals from sedentary cultures as on this world, the pastoralists won.

Last edited by Joe Joerson on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

https://stellarisroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Great Khaganate of Dotodyn Empty Re: The Great Khaganate of Dotodyn

Post by Caspoi Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:46 am

Not as bad as I thought when you wrote about space mongols. These might actually be pleasant sometimes.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vagrant Hero Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:37 am

How do you feel, knowing your ancestors saved the galaxy?
Vagrant Hero
Vagrant Hero
Member Maximus
Member Maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:42 pm

Caspoi wrote:Not as bad as I thought when you wrote about space mongols. These might actually be pleasant sometimes.

I mean living under the real Mongol's rule wasn't so bad, just being their enemies was really really really bad.

Vagrant Hero wrote:How do you feel, knowing your ancestors saved the galaxy?

The Dotodyne likely feel sad as well, ancestors saved the galaxy, Yay! They are the only Humans that they know of are left, Aw.

The Downer is a bit more powerful than are our ancestors did a thing that saved everyone! But most of everyone that is human is dead!

You can see how that might get people down a bit...
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:25 pm

Sure, but you don't really mention that in the empire description, I will just have to see for myself.

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:26 pm

Caspoi wrote:Sure, but you don't really mention that in the empire description, I will just have to see for myself.

Yep Very Happy
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Caspoi Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:32 pm

Joe Joerson wrote:
Caspoi wrote:Sure, but you don't really mention that in the empire description, I will just have to see for myself.

Yep Very Happy

I probably shouldn't have said anything...

Caspoi
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down