Joe's Imperial Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lack of Players

3 posters

Go down

Lack of Players Empty Lack of Players

Post by Zuko Darkborn Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:42 pm

I think we need more people for this forum to work. It was not like there were that many in the original thread, some only went to the other forum (which has had even less progress than this), and others just didn't come to any of them. Any ideas on how we could gain more members? It would be boring if this was to die out.
Zuko Darkborn
Zuko Darkborn
Primus Moderator
Primus Moderator

Back to top Go down

Lack of Players Empty Re: Lack of Players

Post by Joe Joerson Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:48 pm

Do not worry, there is a plan to post a thread of Paradox Stellaris to invite people here. As well people have stated they are going to join but have not yet. I will not let this die so easily. If any one else has ideas or statements on the matter if they would post it here would allow for possible implementation.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

https://stellarisroleplay.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuko Darkborn Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:02 pm

That is good to hear.
Zuko Darkborn
Zuko Darkborn
Primus Moderator
Primus Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mthis Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:03 pm

I agree, i want this to get going.
Mthis
Mthis
Primus
Primus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:41 am

Well it appears, that the thread of the Paradox forums has semi-failed. It got people here, but they didn't create accounts or stay, if we keep the thread alive maybe it would actually draw people but I am hoping someone else may have Ideas?

In any case, we can do several things, one option would be to abandon this and wait for such things to spring again after release. Another would be to find some other way to attract people to the forum. A third option would be to try to merge the other roleplay forum into us (or us into them) in a way so as to maximize the amount of roleplayers. Or perhaps some combination. Or something entirely new.

Any Ideas?
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuko Darkborn Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:38 am

I bumped the thread casually. For all we know, all the people who would have liked something like this might not have been online to see it at the time. In my case, I was offline due to it being posted after midnight.

I'm afraid some of the members of the other forum doesn't know about this. If they saw that there is a forum with some progress, they might come over here. We already have a somewhat tighter ruleset than the original thread. If we made a rule to make sure the Shadow War doesn't happen again, without making complex unnecessary systems, I think we might get some of them over.

I think we at least should wait with abandoning this before the weekend has ended. If we have had none or a minuscule amount of new players by then, we should probably give up for now.
Zuko Darkborn
Zuko Darkborn
Primus Moderator
Primus Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Zuko Darkborn wrote:I bumped the thread casually. For all we know, all the people who would have liked something like this might not have been online to see it at the time. In my case, I was offline due to it being posted after midnight.

I'm afraid some of the members of the other forum doesn't know about this. If they saw that there is a forum with some progress, they might come over here. We already have a somewhat tighter ruleset than the original thread. If we made a rule to make sure the Shadow War doesn't happen again, without making complex unnecessary systems, I think we might get some of them over.

I think we at least should wait with abandoning this before the weekend has ended. If we have had none or a minuscule amount of new players by then, we should probably give up for now.

Hmm, yes time scales are a problem. For me it was 18:10, maybe I should recalibrate everything I do here to a different time scale, who knows?

Hmm yes, me and KingRolan have discussed the possibility of Pm some of the members there to try to get them to join. Though I would prefer not to make more rules I can see there necessity, maybe a guideline...

In any case, I put out the give up as more of a see what other people think than anything I wanted to do. Smile  Though maybe we should consider just creating a second thread on paradox forums that has all of our innovations that are worthwhile and move to that. Thoughts?
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zuko Darkborn Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:42 pm

It might possibly be smart to create a second thread. I still think restarting is a good idea, instead of continuing the last one. It ended up pretty messy after a while, and will be, especially if there is a lot of new players and old ones that do no longer play. I personally want to play as my new empire, whether it is in the Aftermath galaxy or something entirely else.
Zuko Darkborn
Zuko Darkborn
Primus Moderator
Primus Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Joerson Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Zuko Darkborn wrote:It might possibly be smart to create a second thread. I still think restarting is a good idea, instead of continuing the last one. It ended up pretty messy after a while, and will be, especially if there is a lot of new players and old ones that do no longer play. I personally want to play as my new empire, whether it is in the Aftermath galaxy or something entirely else.

Hmm, yes I suppose that we should have realized that when the old Thread died the Roleplay we had with pretty much died as well. In any case I agree on the restarting, we should wait until the weekend is over at the least.
Joe Joerson
Joe Joerson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum